Camino Training Walks
*JOIN US for our regular Camino Training Walk on the last Saturday of the month (except December). You don't have to be a Camino Pilgrim, however you may aspire to one day walk the Camino or other pilgrimages; walk with like-minded people who enjoy bush walking/hiking, an opportunity to do some beautiful walks in the Blue Mountains and share the Camino spirit. You must know your own walking ability, please do not take risks.
* For 2022 our morning Camino Training Walks will start from a variety of locations within the beautiful Blue Mountains and other starting points. Walks will generally set off by 8.30am unless otherwise advertised. Bookings are essential via Trybooking link on individual events. Check What's On
* Camino Meetups will not be held when walking outside our Blackheath base of Glenella, instead you may wish to join for informal lunch (own expense) after the Training Walk.
* The walks are approx 8-15+kms, they could be shorter or longer and will take approx 3.30-4 hours depending on your level of fitness
* There are usually two options for the Saturday morning Camino Training Walks
Please read this before you attempt any of our walks. Your safety is your responsibility.
You are welcome on all our walks, but please read the following carefully before deciding to do a walk:
1. Read our notes about the walk carefully, and be aware of the difference between the grades of walks.
Easy walks are usually on well formed fire roads or bush paths, with limited stairs or steep parts. Minimum elevation gain. Distance 5-10/12kms.
Medium to Hard walks may include difficult terrain such as steep climbs, sometimes up rough tracks or stairs, across creeks or over uneven ground. These walks are for reasonably fit and experienced walkers only. Distance 10-15+ kms
2. Do not attempt any walk if you have any health concerns at all.
3. Wear appropriate footwear and bring ample water (minimum 2 litres). Walking poles can be useful.
4. The group is only as fast as its slowest walker. If you are unsure about being able to keep up with the group for the entire walk, start with the Easy Walk.
5. All walkers will meet at the start of the walk. If you are unsure of the route, make sure you buddy up with someone who does. An experienced walker will always be a the rear of the group.
6. All walkers are requried to register for each walk via TryBooking prior to the walk. There is a $5.00pp payment per walk.
* No matter which option you choose, it is a great opportunity to test your Camino gear and pack, chat to others who may have done the Camino whilst you walk. Walking poles can be useful.
* The route of the walk is usually pre-determined and advertised beforehand where possible. Meeting point and time could change at short notice.
* Please come prepared wearing suitable footwear and clothing, and just in case it rains, bring a rainjacket/poncho, also bring basic first aid, ensure you have ample water - minimum 1.5-2.0 litres and more in hot weather, a hat, sunscreen and snacks.
Depending on the chosen walk for the morning there may or may not shops or a cafe available until your return to Blackheath. You may wish to bring snacks to eat at one of the scenic stops, likewise bring some cash just in case there is a cafe to buy a drink/eats at the half way point.
* You may wish to carry your Opal Card in case there is a train you may wish to catch for the return journey.
SAVE the dates for 2022 Camino Gatherings:
29 January - Blackheath 26 February - Katoomba 26 March - Blackheath
30 April - Wentworth Falls 28 May - Parramatta 25 June - Hazelbrook
30 July - Penrith River Walk 27 August - TBA 24 September - Blackheath
29 October - Blackheath 26 November - TBA December - NO walk
Note: Walks and Camino Meetups subject to change due to COVID-19 restrictions and NSW Public Health Orders
BE COVID-19 SAFE!
Please carry hand sanitiser in your bag/pack. It is mandatory to wear a mask when using public transport (check latest updates)and going into shops/cafes/bars and any public place. If you are feeling unwell, please do not participate and if any slight symptioms do get PCR or RA tested, stay at home until you get negative results. Be COVID-19 SAFE. Download the Service NSW app which includes the QR code for signing in and your Double Vaccination digital certificate. Protect yourself and others. For NSW Health information Click Here
** EVERYONE WELCOME TO JOIN US!! **
SEE WHAT'S ON for the next Walk and other Camino events.