Regular Saturday morning Camino Training Walks are held the last Saturday of the month (except December)
*JOIN US for our regular last Saturday of the month Camino Training Walk! You don't have to be a Camino Pilgrim, but you may aspire to one day walk the Camino or other pilgrimages; walk with like-minded people who enjoy bush walking/hiking and an opportunity to do some beautiful walks in the Blue Mountains, share the Camino spirit. You must know your own walking ability, please do not take risks.
* Most months the morning Camino Training Walks are around beautiful Blackheath; meet at Glenella Guesthouse, 56 Govetts Leap Rd, Blackheath by 8.45am for 9.00am start unless published otherwise. Bookings are Essential via Trybooking link on individual event.
* NOTE: For some months, the walk may be a Station to Station walk which are based on a day from the Blue Mountains Camino 5-Day Walk or other walks near villages in the Mountains. These will generally have an earlier 8.30am start according to train timetable but are subject to change if there are scheduled trackworks on the Blue Mountains line.
* The walks are approx 8-14kms, they could be shorter or longer and will take approx 3.30-4 hours depending on your level of fitness
* There are usually two options for the Saturday morning Camino Training Walks -
Please read this before you attempt any of our walks. Your safety is your responsibility.
You are welcome on all our walks, but please read the following carefully before deciding to do a walk:
1. Read our notes about the walk carefully, and be aware of the difference between the grades of walks.
Easy walks are usually on well formed fire roads or bush paths, with limited stairs or steep parts. Minimum elevation gain. Distance 5-10/12kms.
Medium to Hard walks may include difficult terrain such as steep climbs, sometimes up rough tracks or stairs, across creeks or over uneven ground. These walks are for reasonably fit and experienced walkers only. Distance 10-15+ kms
2. Do not attempt any walk if you have any health concerns at all.
3. Wear appropriate footwear and bring ample water (minimum 2litres). Walking poles can be useful.
4. The group is only as fast as its slowest walker. If you are unsure about being able to keep up with the group for the entire walk, start with the Easy Walk.
5. All walkers will meet at the start of the walk. If you are unsure of the route, make sure you buddy up with someone who does. An experienced walker will always be a the rear of the group.
6. All walkers are requried to register for each walk via TryBooking prior to the walk.
* No matter which option you choose, it is a great opportunity to test your Camino gear and pack, chat to others who may have done the Camino whilst you walk. Walking poles can be useful.
* The route of the walk is usually pre-determined and advertised beforehand where possible. Meeting point and time could change at short notice.
* Please come prepared wearing suitable footwear and clothing, and just in case it rains, bring a rainjacket/poncho, also bring basic first aid, ensure you have ample water - minimum 1.5-2.0 litres and more in hot weather, a hat, sunscreen and snacks.
Depending on the chosen walk for the morning there may or may not shops or a cafe available until your return to Blackheath. You may wish to bring snacks to eat at one of the scenic stops, likewise bring some cash just in case there is a cafe to buy a drink/eats at the half way point.
* You may wish to carry your Opal Card in case there is a train you may wish to catch for the return to Blackheath.
SAVE the dates for 2021 Camino Gatherings: 30 January, 27 February, 27 March, 24 April- Leura, 29 May, 26 June,
31 July, 28 August, 25 September, 30 October and 27 November
BE COVID-19 SAFE!
Please carry hand sanitiser in your bag/pack. It is mandatory to wear a mask when using public transport (check latest updates)and going into shops/cafes/bars and any public place. If you are feeling unwell, please do not participate and if any slight symptioms do get COVID-19 tested, stay at home until you get negative results. Be COVID SAFE. Download the Service NSW app which includes the QR code for signing in. Protect yourself and others. NSW Health information Click Here
** EVERYONE WELCOME TO JOIN US!! **
SEE WHAT'S ON for the next Walk and other Camino events.